- Distance Calculator » Need the distances between two places?
- Driving Directions Finder » Need driving directions to a new place?
- Road Map Finder » Need to view your trip on a map?
- Travel Time Calculator » Need to calculate the time it takes to get to a city?
- Coordinates Finder » Need to know the lat and long of a city?
- Flight Distance Calculator » Need to know the distances between two cities by airplane?
- Flight Time Calculator » Need to calculate the time it takes to get to a city by plane?
- Time Zones » Need to figure out the time zone in which a city or country is located in?
- Elevation Finder » Need to find the elevation of a location?
- Route Elevation Calculator » Need to calculate the elevation of a route?
- Fuel Cost Calculator » Need to calculate the fuel cost to a city?
Indianapolis Latitude and Longitude
The latitude for Indianapolis, IN, USA is: 39.768403 and the longitude is: -86.158068.
|Position from Earth's Center:||WNW|
|Elevation:||730.97 Feet (222.8 Meters)|
|Country Code Alpha-3:||USA|
|Country Continent:||North America|
|Time Zone Abbreviation:||EDT|
|EDT Stands for:||Eastern Daylight Time|
|Daylight Saving Time:||Yes|
|EDT Began:||March 10th 2019 2:00am EST|
|EDT Ends:||November 3rd 2019 2:00am EDT|
|Current Time:||Tuesday July 23rd 12:26pm|
Indianapolis, IN, USA Summary
Indianapolis, the capital of Indiana state (see coordinates for Indiana), has a latitude of 39°46'6.25"N and a longitude of 86°9'29.04"W or 39.768403 and -86.158068 respectively. Based on population, the area is ranked #14 in the United States.
Populated areas near Indianapolis:
- 7 Mi N to Broad Ripple, IN (see coordinates for Broad Ripple)
- 8.6 Mi NE to Lawrence, IN (see coordinates for Lawrence)
- 11 Mi SSE to Greenwood, IN (see coordinates for Greenwood)
- 12.4 Mi WNW to Fairfield Heights, IN (see coordinates for Fairfield Heights)
- 13.6 Mi WSW to Plainfield, IN (see coordinates for Plainfield)
Airports near 39°46'6.25"N and 86°9'29.04"W:
- "IND" Indianapolis International Airport (8.1 Mi WSW see coordinates for Indianapolis International Airport)
Points of interest near Indianapolis:
- 0 Mi SW Soldiers and Sailors Monument, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
- 0.2 Mi SSW Circle Center Mall, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
- 0.3 Mi SW Indiana Convention Center, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
- 0.6 Mi NE Murat Center, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
- 1 Mi W White River State Park (see coordinates for White River State Park)
- 1.2 Mi W Indianapolis Zoo, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
- 2.9 Mi N Children's Museum of Indianapolis, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
Indianapolis time zone:
Indianapolis' coordinates are in the EST (Eastern Standard Time) and EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) time zones.
|America/Indiana/Indianapolis Time Zone:||EST and EDT|
|EST UTC/GMT Difference:||-05:00|
|EDT UTC/GMT Difference:||-04:00|
|EST to EDT:||+1 hour|
|EDT to EST:||-1 hour|
Note: Clarksville, IN, United States and Windsor, Canada time zones also observe EST and EDT.
Need to calculate the distance between Indianapolis and nearby cities? See Indianapolis to nearby cities.
Now that you know the location, you might also be interested in knowing the land elevation or altitude, for details see elevation for Indianapolis.
|« RSS||Coordinates from Around the World »|