- Distance Calculator » Need the distances between two places?
- Driving Directions Finder » Need driving directions to a new place?
- Road Map Finder » Need to view your trip on a map?
- Travel Time Calculator » Need to calculate the time it takes to get to a city?
- Coordinates Finder » Need to know the lat and long of a city?
- Flight Distance Calculator » Need to know the distances between two cities by airplane?
- Flight Time Calculator » Need to calculate the time it takes to get to a city by plane?
- Time Zones » Need to figure out the time zone in which a city or country is located in?
- Elevation Finder » Need to find the elevation of a location?
- Route Elevation Calculator » Need to calculate the elevation of a route?
- Fuel Cost Calculator » Need to calculate the fuel cost to a city?
Flight Time Calculator
- Q) I need to know how long my flight will take to get from one city to another city, how can I figure this out?
- Q) I have a trip which I'm planning that involves connecting flights, how can I know the duration of each flight?
- Q) I am planning a trip to another country and need to know at what time I will get there, how can I know?
A) You can calculate the flight time using the flight time calculator.
The calculator makes it easy for you to plan your arrival to another city; whether that city is located in your country or in another country.
Additionally, you can also calculate the duration of connecting flights.
So whether you're planning a business trip or personal trip, knowing how long you'll be onboard the plane will definitely make planning what you do when you arrive at your destination a lot simpler.
Duration of Your Flight From Point A to Point B
To know the duration of our flight, we must first know the distance between the city from which we are taking off to the destination where we are landing.
We then take that distance and determine the duration based on the speed at which the airplane is traveling. On average, this speed is 435 knots per hour or 500 MPH or approximately 800 KPH. Of course we also have to take into account the takeoff time and landing time which is roughly 30 minutes.
Also on short-haul flights which are flights that are typically shorter than 500 mi or 800 km, the plane might not maintain that speed throughout the flight. Therefore, resulting in a longer flight duration.
*While the flight time calculator provides very accurate data, note that the actual time should be taken as a rough ESTIMATE due to weather conditions that may affect the actual duration of the flight. Flight routes, taxing delays and other factors should also be taken into account.
|« RSS||Flight Time Calculations from Around the World »|