- Distance Calculator » Need the distances between two places?
- Driving Directions Finder » Need driving directions to a new place?
- Road Map Finder » Need to view your trip on a map?
- Travel Time Calculator » Need to calculate the time it takes to get to a city?
- Coordinates Finder » Need to know the lat and long of a city?
- Flight Distance Calculator » Need to know the distances between two cities by airplane?
- Flight Time Calculator » Need to calculate the time it takes to get to a city by plane?
- Time Zones » Need to figure out the time zone in which a city or country is located in?
- Elevation Finder » Need to find the elevation of a location?
- Route Elevation Calculator » Need to calculate the elevation of a route?
- Fuel Cost Calculator » Need to calculate the fuel cost to a city?
Detroit Latitude and Longitude
The latitude for Detroit, MI, USA is: 42.331427 and the longitude is: -83.0457538.
|Position from Earth's Center:||WNW|
|Elevation:||598.2 Feet (182.33 Meters)|
|Country Code Alpha-3:||USA|
|Country Continent:||North America|
|Time Zone Abbreviation:||EST|
|EST Stands for:||Eastern Standard Time|
|Daylight Saving Time:||No|
|EST Began:||November 1st 2020 2:00am EDT|
|EST Ends:||March 14th 2021 2:00am EST|
|Current Time:||Monday November 23rd 11:12am|
Detroit, MI, USA Summary
Detroit, the seat of Wayne County, has a latitude of 42°19'53.14"N and a longitude of 83°2'44.71"W or 42.331427 and -83.045754 respectively. Based on population, the area is ranked #21 in the United States.
Detroit, MI, USA coordinates are near the Canada border; 1.2 Miles NNW of Windsor, ON, Canada (see coordinates for Windsor).
Populated areas near Detroit:
- 4.2 Mi N to Hamtramck, MI (see coordinates for Hamtramck)
- 6.7 Mi W to Dearborn, MI (see coordinates for Dearborn)
- 8.8 Mi SW to Lincoln Park, MI (see coordinates for Lincoln Park)
- 9.5 Mi NNW to Hazel Park, MI (see coordinates for Hazel Park)
- 9.7 Mi SSW to Wyandotte, MI (see coordinates for Wyandotte)
Airports near 42°19'53.14"N and 83°2'44.71"W:
- "DTW" Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (17.8 Mi WSW see coordinates for Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport)
Points of interest near Detroit:
- 0 Mi W Campus Martius Park (see coordinates for Campus Martius Park)
- 0.3 Mi SSW Cobo Center (see coordinates for Cobo Center)
- 1.2 Mi N Eastern Market (see coordinates for Eastern Market)
- 2.6 Mi ENE Belle Isle (see coordinates for Belle Isle)
- 2.7 Mi NNW Detroit Children's Museum, Detroit, Michigan, United States of America
- 3.1 Mi E Belle Isle Aquarium, Detroit, Michigan, United States of America
- 3.5 Mi SW Historic Fort Wayne, Detroit, Michigan, United States of America
Detroit time zone:
Detroit's coordinates are in the EST (Eastern Standard Time) and EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) time zones.
|America/Detroit Time Zone:||EST and EDT|
|EST UTC/GMT Difference:||-05:00|
|EDT UTC/GMT Difference:||-04:00|
|EST to EDT:||+1 hour|
|EDT to EST:||-1 hour|
Note: Oregon, OH, United States and Windsor, Canada time zones also observe EST and EDT.
Need to calculate the distance between Detroit and nearby cities? See Detroit to nearby cities.
Now that you know the location, you might also be interested in knowing the land elevation or altitude, for details see elevation for Detroit.
|« RSS||Coordinates from Around the World »|