- Distance Calculator » Need the distances between two places?
- Driving Directions Finder » Need driving directions to a new place?
- Road Map Finder » Need to view your trip on a map?
- Travel Time Calculator » Need to calculate the time it takes to get to a city?
- Coordinates Finder » Need to know the lat and long of a city?
- Flight Distance Calculator » Need to know the distances between two cities by airplane?
- Flight Time Calculator » Need to calculate the time it takes to get to a city by plane?
- Time Zones » Need to figure out the time zone in which a city or country is located in?
- Elevation Finder » Need to find the elevation of a location?
- Route Elevation Calculator » Need to calculate the elevation of a route?
- Fuel Cost Calculator » Need to calculate the fuel cost to a city?
Damascus Latitude and Longitude
The latitude for Damascus, Syria is: 33.513 and the longitude is: 36.292.
|Position from Earth's Center:||NE|
|Elevation:||686.57 Meters (2252.53 Feet)|
|Country Code Alpha-3:||SYR|
|Time Zone Abbreviation:||EEST|
|EEST Stands for:||Eastern European Summer Time|
|Daylight Saving Time:||Yes|
|EEST Began:||March 31st 2023 12:00am EET|
|EEST Ends:||October 27th 2023 12:00am EEST|
|Current Time:||Wednesday May 31st 6:56pm|
Damascus "Dimashq" is the capital of Syria (see coordinates for Syria) and is located 75.1 Km ENE of Qiryat Shemona, Israel; 108.3 Km NNE of Ar Ramtha, Jordan; 299.1 Km S of Antakya, Turkey and 374.9 Km W of Ar Rutbah, Iraq.
Damascus is the 2nd most populated city in Syria. Aleppo (see coordinates for Aleppo) located 310.1 Km NNE of Damascus, is the most populated and Homs 141.4 Km away NNE is the 3rd most populated.
Airport near 33°30'46.8"N and 36°17'31.2"E:
- "DAM" Damascus International Airport (23.6 Km ESE see coordinates for Damascus International Airport (DAM))
Damascus time zone:
Damascus' coordinates are in the EET (Eastern European Time) and EEST (Eastern European Summer Time) time zones. Note that this is the only time zone used in Syria.
|Asia/Damascus Time Zone:||EET and EEST|
|EET UTC/GMT Difference:||+02:00|
|EEST UTC/GMT Difference:||+03:00|
|EET to EEST:||+1 hour|
|EEST to EET:||-1 hour|
Note: Jabālyā, GZ, Occupied Palestinian Territory; Jordan; Lebanon and Cyprus time zones also observe EET and EEST.
Need to calculate the distance between Damascus and nearby cities? See Damascus to nearby cities.
Now that you know the location, you might also be interested in knowing the land elevation or altitude, for details see elevation for Damascus.
|« RSS||Coordinates from Around the World »|